CONNEXION PILATES CERTIFICATION
the only Merrithew™ host training center in Quebec!
DREAMING OF BECOMING A PILATES INSTRUCTOR?
Here’s your chance!
Next STOTT PILATES® Foundation Courses :
Intensive Reformer – IR begins April 29th, 2019
Intensive Mat-Plus™ – IMP next start date tbc
(Contact us if you would like to be added to our waiting list)
STOTT PILATES® INTENSIVE PROGRAM LEVEL I
Become a Pilates instructor, one course at a time…
Register to one or more STOTT PILATES® courses to fit your schedule.
This program is divided in foundation (Level 1) courses:
– Intensive Mat-Plus™ (IMP),
– Intensive Reformer (IR),
– Intensive Cadillac, Chair & Barrels. (ICCB).
Perfect for those with a busy schedule!
STOTT PILATES® INTENSIVE PROGRAM
The STOTT PILATES® Intensive Program (Level 1) is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement, or those who have completed the Functional Anatomy course and meet the Pilates class requirements.
The focus is on expanding student’s current knowledge while delivering complete instruction in STOTT PILATES principles and Essential and Intermediate exercises in a fast-paced format.
This option is ideal for those who are unable to devote the amount of time required in our Comprehensive program due to work and/or scheduling issues.
Intensive Program choices:
- Intensive Mat-Plus™ – IMP
- Intensive Reformer – IR
- Intensive Cadillac, Chair & Barrels – ICCB
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to teach the STOTT PILATES method of exercise.
Upon passing the exam, they will be recognized as a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor.
Only upon the receipt of their certificate will they be entitled to identify themselves as a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor.
Our programs provide a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire.
General course objectives:
- How to apply STOTT PILATES biomechanical principles of core stability, breathing and alignment to all exercises
- A complete breakdown of each exercise
- Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
- Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Modifications for specific body types and postural issues
- How to recognize optimal and less than optimal movement patterns
- A variety of programming options to keep clients motivated
- Effective communication, verbal cues and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
In the Intensive stream we’re looking for self-directed and highly motivated people with industry-specific knowledge and skills, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ideal candidates include:
- Current health and fitness professionals with prior teaching experience
- Career changers who would like to begin their training while still working full time
- Motivated people with no experience
- Working knowledge of functional anatomy and prior participation in an anatomy course that covers in detail the human musculoskeletal system and includes muscle attachments, actions and basic biomechanics. Acceptable courses include the STOTT PILATES Functional Anatomy course or a university or college level anatomy or physiology course (minimum of 20-25 hours of in-class instruction). Online courses may be accepted provided they amount to a minimum 20-25 hours of learning and include homework assignments, tests and/or a final examination.
- Minimum 30 hours participation in Pilates classes/workouts
- Three+ years teaching movement or fitness.
- Applicants with a strong history of Pilates participation and/or experience instructing students/clients in another field may also be considered.