Professional Development & Continuing Education
We welcome all Pilates and Fitness Instructors to learn and benefit from the STOTT PILATES teaching method with no prerequisites (i.e. these are not limited to STOTT PILATES Certified Instructors). With over 150 workshops to choose from, our introductory and continuing education workshops can supplement your current training and programming. They cover everything from the Fundamentals, Sport and Athletic Conditioning, to Rehabilitation and special populations.
STOTT PILATES Certified Instructors are required to accumulate .6 Continuing Education Credits per year. These credits can be accumulated in a number of ways.
How to accumulate CECs:
- Take a workshop at a STOTT PILATES Licensed Training Center.
- Take a Customized Repertory Review or Teaching Evaluation with an Instructor-Trainer.
- Enrol in a workshop or pre-conference at a tradeshow offering STOTT PILATES.
- Review a DVD in your home and submit a Video Recording of you teaching the material you learned on the DVD.
- Petition for transfer credits from learning institutions other than pilates.
Become a Specialist:
Set yourself apart by becoming a STOTT PILATES Specialist in the field of your choice. All workshops are open to any fitness professional; however, only STOTT PILATES Certified Instructors who complete eight workshops within each category are eligible to receive the designation. There is no time limit on completing the components and you can earn CEC’s at the same time!
Specialty Training Tracks:
- Athletic Conditioning
- Golf Conditioning
- Post-Rehabilitation Conditioning
- Active for Life
- Pre- & Post-natal
- Group Matwork
- Group Equipment