NEW! Mentorship Program!
Are you passionate about Pilates or fitness? Do you love sharing your enthusiasm with others? Become a STOTT PILATES instructor!
More than a instructor training, we offer you mentoring, in order to assist you throughout your journey and allow you to feel confident and well equipped to start your new career as a STOTT PILATES instructor!
Get in touch with us to see if this option is for you!
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to teach the STOTT PILATES method of exercise.
Upon passing the exam, they will be recognized as a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor.
Only upon the receipt of their certificate will they be entitled to identify themselves as a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor.
Our programs provide a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire.
- How to apply STOTT PILATES biomechanical principles of core stability, breathing and alignment to all exercises
- A complete breakdown of each exercise
- Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
- Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Modifications for specific body types and postural issues
- How to recognize optimal and less than optimal movement patterns
- A variety of programming options to keep clients motivated
- Effective communication, verbal cues and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
In the Intensive stream we’re looking for self-directed and highly motivated people with industry-specific knowledge and skills, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ideal candidates include:
- Current health and fitness professionals with prior teaching experience
- Career changers who would like to begin their training while still working full time
- Motivated people with no experience
- Minimum 30 hours participation in Pilates classes/workouts
- Three+ years teaching movement or fitness.
- Applicants with a strong history of Pilates participation and/or experience instructing students/clients in another field may also be considered.